Coorg Backpacking Tour 2023: Trek | Trip
Coorg, also known as Kodagu, is a mesmerizing destination located in the Western Ghats of Karnataka, India. With its lush green landscapes, mist-covered mountains, gushing waterfalls, and sprawling coffee plantations, Coorg offers an enchanting experience for backpackers and adventure enthusiasts. This article serves as a comprehensive guide to exploring the wonders of Coorg, from exhilarating trekking adventures and immersing in its rich culture to indulging in its authentic cuisine and enjoying its vibrant nightlife. Whether you seek adrenaline-pumping activities, serene natural beauty, or a deep dive into local traditions, Coorg has something to offer for every backpacker seeking an unforgettable experience. Join us as we embark on a journey to discover the hidden gems of Coorg.
|Venue||Karachi Bakery – Indiranagar, Bengaluru|
|Date & Time||June 23 | 10PM – July 30 | 10PM|
Ticket price for Karachi Bakery Indiranagar, Bengaluru starts from Rs. 6400 onwards, Book tickets on official website. Check more information.
Book tickets on official website.
Day 1 – Departure from Bangalore
Transportation From Bangalore to Coorg: Bus, AC Transfers In Traveller
- Your Coorg tour package starts from Bangalore, our representative will pick you up in the late evening from Indranagar: 10:00 PM/ Domlur: 10:30 PM/ Mysore Road : 11:00PM
- Overnight Journey through Tempo Traveller (according to the group size)
Day 2 – Coorg Sightseeing | Explore the Scotland of India
Visit Dubare Elephant Camp | Chiklihole Reservoir | Nisrargadhama | Deer Park | Tibetan Flea Market | Harangi Backwaters
AC Transfers within Coorg: Hotel, Raj Residency on twin Sharing basis, Breakfast, Dinner
(Breakfast and Bufet Dinner in Hotel)
- Reach Coorg in the morning and take a breath of fresh air amidst views of picturesque valleys.
- Head towards your hotel and proceed with the check-in formalities.
- Have a delicious breakfast early in the morning and take a rest for a while.
- After taking a rest for a while, depart to witness the magnificent beauty of the ‘Scotland of India’ – Coorg.
- Visit Dubare Elephant Camp near the beautiful Kaveri River where you get a chance to interact with the elephants in their natural habitat. Feeding, bathing along with some adventure activities is organized at the camp.
- Head towards a place worth visiting for Coorg, Chiklihole Reservoir and feel the serenity that roams here.
- Next, head towards Nisargadhama deer park and give yourself a chance to get in touch with nature.
- After spending a wonderful day have your lunch at kushalnagar in peace by around 2:00 pm.
- After the refreshment, proceed towards Bylakuppe, a Tibetan settlement to avail the essence of Tibet. Tibetan Flea Market is one such place where travellers will get everything, unique and exclusively from Tibet.
- Proceed towards harangi dam or harangi backwaters and get indulged in activities like river rafting, jungle safari, boat ride at your own cost.
- Head back to your hotel for an overnight stay.
- Overnight stay in Coorg.
Day 3 – Coorg to Bangalore | Time to Depart with the taste of Coffee
Rajaseat View point | Madikeri Fort | Omkareshar Temple | Abbey Falls | Mercara Gold Coffee Estate Plantation
AC Transfers within Coorg, Breakfast (Only Breakfast lunch and dinner will be self sponsored)
- Wake up in the morning in the green hills and enjoy your scrumptious breakfast.
- Head towards raja’s seat viewpoint, a place that offers panoramic vistas of the verdant valley covered in the blanket of clouds.
- Later proceed towards Madikeri Fort and the museum and witness the architectural marvel that it presents.
- Head towards Omkareshwara temple, this temple has unique architecture that resembles the architecture of a Mosque or a tomb.
- Next, witness the white water cascading down the boulders at Abbey Falls, a place where serenity roams in the air.
- Relish the flavors of delicious lunch at around 2:00 PM Lunch (At an additional cost).
- After refreshments, head towards Mercara Gold Estate Coffee Plantation, where you will get the full tour and knowledge-sharing session of the coffee plantation and history, and taste a cup of filter coffee.
- After exploring the jewels of Coorg, stroll around the markets and collect souvenirs for your loved ones.
- Have a bag full of memories to cherish for eternity.
- Depart for Bangalore Between 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM with a bag full of memories.
- Note:- You’ll be reaching back to Bangalore Between 11:00 PM to 12:00 AM
For any Queries please Contact us on +91 6361170690
Website : https://backpackersunited.in/
Follow us on Instagram for updates on Upcoming Trips/Treks : @backpackers_united_
1. Tickets once booked cannot be exchanged or refunded
2. An Internet handling fee per ticket may be levied. Please check the total amount before payment
3. We recommend that you arrive at-least 30 minutes prior at the venue for a seamless entry
4. It is mandatory to wear masks at all times and follow social distancing norms
5. Please do not purchase tickets if you feel sick
6. Unlawful resale (or attempted unlawful resale) of a ticket would lead to seizure or cancellation of that ticket without refund or other compensation
7. Rights of admission reserved
8. These terms and conditions are subject to change from time to time at the discretion of the organizer.
9. For any Queries please Contact us on +91 6361170690
10. Follow us on instagram @backpackers_united_ for updates on Upcoming Trips / Treks.
11. Visit our website for more info : https://backpackersunited.in/
1. What is the best time to visit Coorg for a backpacking tour?
Coorg can be visited throughout the year, but the best time for a backpacking tour is during the months of October to March. The weather during this period is pleasant, making it ideal for outdoor activities like trekking and exploring the natural beauty of Coorg.
2. What are some must-visit trekking routes in Coorg?
Coorg offers a plethora of trekking routes, each with its own unique charm. Some popular ones include Tadiandamol Trek, Pushpagiri Trek, Brahmagiri Trek, and Nishani Motte Trek. These routes offer stunning views, diverse terrains, and thrilling experiences for adventure enthusiasts.
3. Are there any safety precautions to keep in mind while backpacking in Coorg?
While Coorg is generally a safe destination for backpackers, it is essential to take certain precautions. It is advisable to carry a basic first aid kit, maintain proper hydration, and inform someone about your trekking plans. It is also recommended to follow the instructions of local guides and authorities, especially during monsoon season when the trails may become slippery.
4. Can I experience Coorg’s nightlife during my backpacking tour?
Coorg has a vibrant nightlife scene, especially in popular areas like Madikeri and Kushalnagar. There are several bars, clubs, and restaurants where you can unwind and enjoy live music or dance the night away. However, it is important to note that Coorg is known for its serene and tranquil atmosphere, so it is advisable to respect the local culture and maintain decorum while enjoying the nightlife.