The Gulmarg Gondola, the largest and tallest cable car project in Asia and the second largest and second tallest cable car project in the world, is Gulmarg’s main attraction. In fact, a Gulmarg tour would be incomplete without a ride on the popular cable car. This must-do activity in Gulmarg is perfect for families, romantic couples as well as adventurers looking to reach the top of the mountain for the best (winter) skiing experience. The picturesque scenery of mountains and valleys while riding the cable car is unforgettable and incomparable. The gondola can carry 6 people at a time and 600 people per hour.
Venue: Batmaloo Qamarwari Road, Near Bemina Woollen Mills, Srinagar, J&K 190018
Timing: 10am to 4pm
Gondola Cable Car Riding Levels
The cable car ride takes place in two levels/stages.
- Phase I: from the Gulmarg resort to Kongdori Station (2600 m) in the bowl-shaped Kongdori Valley which takes 9 minutes to reach.
- Phase II: from Kongdori Station to Kongdori Mountain (3747 m), the shoulder of Apharwat Peak which takes 12 minutes
In the third phase of Gulmarg Gondola project, 90 chairlifts were installed in 2011. The chairlift connects Kongdori to Mary Shoulder where many skiing events take place. It takes 11 minutes for the chairlift to go from one point to the other.
Other Important Travel Information
- Entry Fee: The price is INR 700 (11 US$) for the first stage and INR 900 (15 US$) for the second stage. The Chairlift price is INR 300.
- Opening and Closing Time: The timing of the Gulmarg Gondola is from 10 AM to 5 PM. However, the timings are dependent on the weather condition.
- Best Season Gulmarg Gondola: The winter season is the best time to enjoy the ride on Gulmarg Gondola due to the most amazing skiing opportunity. However, the cable car ride is available all through the year.
- Time Required: The Gulmarg Gondola ride can take up to 1-2 hours depending on the rush and the season.
Ticket price for Gulmarg gondola in Jammu and Kashmir start from Rs. 700, Book tickets on official website.
Book tickets on official website.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 9103058616
How to Reach Gulmarg Gondola?
The starting point of Gulmarg Gondola is situated 20 minutes away from Gulmarg. Taxis are readily available, however, you can also reach by walking.