Gurgaon Metro is a rapid transit system serving the city of Gurgaon, Haryana, India. There are currently 10 active stations in the Gurgaon Metro network. Here you can find important and useful information such as Gurgaon Metro Lines, Metro Lines, Opening Hours, First Trains, Last Trains, Route Maps, Fare Tables, Popular Attractions Near Metro Stations, Nearby Metro Stations, News, etc.
Rapid Metro Timings
The Rapid Metro network has proven to be a very useful mode of travel for daily commuters travelling towards Delhi. The operation of the rapid metro starts at 06:05 AM in the morning and remains active till 22:00 PM at night.
The Three coach rails of the rapid metro ply at an interval of 4 minutes. The operational speed of the metro is 40 Km/hr.
Rapid Metro Fares
The rapid metro network charges a flat Rs 20 for travelling in phase 1 and phase 2 lines separately. However, if you wish to travel from phase 1 line to phase 2 lines or vice versa, the charges will be Rs 35.
High fares have also been cited as a reason behind the unpopularity and low ridership of the Rapid Metro. After the takeover by the DMRC, the Delhi metro tokens and smart cards are accepted in the rapid metro system. The rapid metro Gurgaon has an advanced automated fare collection system.
Rapid Metro Route Map
Rapid Metro Map depicts an aerial view of the Rapid metro route in Gurgaon. It acts as an interconnection with the Delhi Metro Yellow Line which runs from Samaypur Badli to Huda City Centre in Gurgaon. The Yellow Line metro can be boarded at the Sikandarpur metro station (Common to both Yellow Line and Rapid Metro). The Sikandarpur metro station is connected with the Yellow line with a 90 M walkway.
Rapid Metro Route: Technical Details
The Rapid Metro system is a unique and lightweight metro network and provides interconnectivity between Delhi and Gurgaon. Some of the key details of the Rapid Metro Route.
- The rapid metro project was initially funded by the DLF, Enso Group and Infrastructure Leasings and Financial Services (IL&FS)
- The Rapid Metro route was built and operated by the Rapid Metro Gurgaon Limited (No operated by DMRC)
- The Rapid Metro was built in two phases. While phase 1 was opened to the general public in November 2013, the second phase became operational in March 2017.
- The rapid metro route is fully elevated and automated.
- A total of 12 trains are there in the Rapid Metro system.
- Each rapid metro train is designed to carry a load of 800 passengers.
- Each station of the rapid metro route is equipped with the Emergency Stop Plungers for passenger safety.
- The DMRC took over the control of the Rapid Metro in September 2019.
- The Rapid Metro system was the first metro system in India to auction the naming rights for its stations.
- A press to talk button enables the commuters to talk to the driver of the train directly.
- The Rapid Metro Rail has two depots- One at the Sector 55-56 station and the other one at Phase 3 metro station.
Ticket price for Gurgaon Metro Fares tickets start Rs.20 to Rs.100, Book tickets on official website. Check more Information.
Gurgaon Metro Fares (Ticket Prices) on Line-1
Token (best for single journeys) – Minimum fare is Rs. 20 and maximum is Rs. 35. Smart Card / Value Card (best for multiple journeys).
Book tickets on official website. Check more Information.
[…] Metro is a planned 61.40 km Urban Mass Transit System (MRTS) in Guwahati City, Assam, with 4 lines and 54 […]
[…] two are in the planning stages. More than 1,000 people use this metro line every eight minutes. Each train has 3 cars and a maximum speed of 80 km/h. The system uses standard gauge (1,435 mm) track and 750 V […]
[…] to the Rajasthan government asking for a loan. Authorities want financing for an extension of Jaipur’s metro line. JDA is instructed in the letter to provide the requested principal and to credit the account with […]
[…] rail in the country to roll out a fully digital payment-enabled WhatsApp e-ticketing facility, said L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Limited (L&TMRHL) […]