Taiyuan Metro Ticket: Taiyuan Metro Railway, Taiyuan Metro Ticket, Fare Chart, Pass, Route, Stations, Zone, Fare Card and Timings
Taiyuan, the capital city of Shanxi province in China, has been expanding its public transportation system in recent years, and the Taiyuan Metro Railway is one of the city’s newest additions. The metro system has quickly become a popular mode of transportation for both locals and tourists alike. However, navigating the ticketing system and understanding the routes and schedules can be daunting for first-time riders. In this article, we will provide a comprehensive guide to the Taiyuan Metro Ticket, including how to purchase tickets, fare charts, available passes and fare cards, route and station information, as well as schedules and tips for navigating the system like a pro.
Timing: 6:00 am to 10:00 pm every day
Ticket price for Taiyuan Metro Fare starts from A single-journey ticket costs between NT$30 and NT$160, depending on the distance. Book tickets on official website.
- For ticket prices, please refer to the list of ticket prices announced by the Company at the station. Passengers entering and exiting the same station will pay the minimum single-journey ticket price posted in the station. For special conditions, please contact station personnel for assistance.
- Passengers under six years old (please show the ID for children over 115cm tall or above) can take the MRT free of charge if they are accompanied by fare-paid passengers. Children cannot travel alone if they are not accompanied by fare-paid passengers, and the Company has the right to refuse to provide transportation to these children.
- Aside from group tickets, each ticket of the Company can be used by one person only for one ride. It cannot be used by more than one person.
- Passengers should keep their valid tickets safe. Tickets should not be damaged, scratched, or written on. The ticket holder will be liable for compensating for the damage for tickets that cannot be recognized or used because of inappropriate usage or storage.
- Passengers damaging a single-journey ticket shall return the single-journey ticket and pay a fee of NT$50.
- Ticket cards sold by ticket companies will be processed in accordance with the terms and conditions set by these companies.
- When entering and exiting the stations, each passenger should use only one ticket card by tapping it on the ticket sensing area. Do not use multiple cards at the same time.
Explanation of Taiyuan Metro Ticket Types
There are two types of Taiyuan Metro tickets: single-journey tickets and reloadable IC cards. Single-journey tickets are available at ticket vending machines in all stations and can be used for a one-way trip. Reloadable IC cards, also known as fare cards, can be used for multiple trips and can be recharged at ticket vending machines.
How to Purchase Taiyuan Metro Tickets
Taiyuan Metro tickets can be purchased at ticket vending machines located in all stations. The machines accept cash, debit cards, and credit cards.
Explanation of the Taiyuan Metro Fare Chart
The Taiyuan Metro fare chart is based on the distance traveled. The minimum fare is 2 yuan for the first 6 kilometers. For every additional kilometer, a charge of 0.5 yuan is added to the fare. The maximum fare is 7 yuan. Children under 1.2 meters tall and seniors over 70 years old can enjoy a 50% discount.
Book tickets on official website.
Types of Passes and Fare Cards
Available Types of Taiyuan Metro Passes and Fare Cards
Taiyuan Metro offers two types of passes: the unlimited pass and the limited pass. The unlimited pass allows users to take unlimited trips on the Taiyuan Metro system for a set period (usually one day or one month). The limited pass allows users to take a fixed number of trips within a set period.
How to Purchase Taiyuan Metro Passes and Fare Cards
Taiyuan Metro passes and fare cards can be purchased at ticket vending machines located in all stations. Users can opt for the IC card, which can be recharged, or the paper pass, which is valid for a set period.
Benefits of Using a Taiyuan Metro Pass or Fare Card
Using a Taiyuan Metro pass or fare card can save users money and time. Pass holders can avoid waiting in line at ticket vending machines and can take advantage of discounted fares.
Taiyuan Metro Route and Stations
The Taiyuan Metro is set to undergo a major expansion between now and 2023. Two new lines, Line 2 and Line 3, are currently under construction and are expected to open in 2023.
Details on Taiyuan Metro Line 1
Line 1 of the Taiyuan Metro runs from Xiaodian South Railway Station in the south to Liuxiang in the north. It connects major transportation hubs such as Taiyuan Railway Station and Taiyuan Wusu International Airport, making it an essential part of the city’s transportation infrastructure.
Details on Taiyuan Metro Line 2
Line 2 of the Taiyuan Metro will run from Wanyuan Street in the east to West Station in the west. It will be 36.5 kilometers in length, with 26 stations. Line 2 will connect major residential areas, commercial centers, and government buildings.
Expected Completion Dates for Upcoming Lines
Construction on Line 2 and Line 3 of the Taiyuan Metro is progressing smoothly, and both lines are expected to open in 2023.
List of Taiyuan Metro Stations on Line 1
Line 1 of the Taiyuan Metro has 21 stations, making it a convenient way to get around the city. Here is a list of the stations and their locations:
Station Names and Locations on Line 1
1. Xiaodian South Railway Station (下店南站)
2. North Gate of Shanxi University of Finance and Economics (山西财经大学北门站)
3. Jin Ci Temple (晋祠站)
4. Jinyang Street (金阳街站)
5. North Gate of Huayu Shopping Center (华宇购物中心北门站)
6. West Gate of Taiyuan Zoo (太原动物园西门站)
7. Changfeng Street (长风街站)
8. South Gate of Taiyuan University of Technology (太原理工大学南门站)
9. West Gate of Taiyuan Normal University (太原师范学院西门站)
10. Yingze Park (迎泽公园站)
11. North Gate of Taiyuan Railway Station (太原火车站北门站)
12. Yingze Street (迎泽大街站)
13. Taiyuan Children’s Hospital (太原市儿童医院站)
14. Taiyuan Wusu International Airport (太原武宿国际机场站)
15. Qingliu Street (青柳街站)
16. Taiyuan University of Technology (太原理工大学站)
17. Qinxian Street (沁显街站)
18. Xuefu Street (学府街站)
19. Xiaodian Station (下店站)
20. West Gate of Shanxi University of Finance and Economics (山西财经大学西门站)
21. Liuxiang (榴巷站)
The Taiyuan Metro Rail Network consists of two lines: Line 1 and Line 2. Line 1 runs from Taiyuan South Railway Station to Xiaodian South Railway Station, while Line 2 runs from the Shanxi Sports Center to the South Ring Road.
Explanation of the Different Taiyuan Metro Lines
Line 1 is 23.8 kilometers long with 18 stations in operation. It runs through major transportation hubs like Taiyuan South Railway Station, Taiyuan Railway Station, and Taiyuan Wusu International Airport. Line 2 is 24.3 kilometers long with 21 stations in operation. It connects major commercial centers such as the Shanxi Sports Center, Friendship Shopping Center, and Tangquan Plaza.
List of Taiyuan Metro Stations
The list of Taiyuan Metro stations on Line 1 includes Taiyuan South Railway Station, Taiyuan Tech University, Taiyuan Railway Station, and Xiaodian South Railway Station. The list of Taiyuan Metro stations on Line 2 includes Shanxi Sports Center, Friendship Shopping Center, and South Ring Road.
Interchange Stations and Transfer Options
Taiyuan Metro system is designed to enhance the convenience and efficiency of public transportation within the city. For commuters who need to transfer between different subway lines, interchange stations play a vital role. The metro station list for Taiyuan city currently includes seven interchange stations, which are accessible to passengers on multiple lines. These interchange stations are:
1. Yingze Street Station – Interchange between Line 1 and Line 2
2. South Railway Station Station – Interchange between Line 1 and Line 3
3. Wuyi Square Station – Interchange between Line 2 and Line 3
4. Coal Museum Station – Interchange between Line 2 and Line 6
5. Yuci Station – Interchange between Line 3 and Line 4
6. Jin Nan University Station – Interchange between Line 4 and Line 6
7. Taiyuan University of Technology Station – Interchange between Line 1 and Line 4
Zones and Pricing for the Taiyuan Metro Ticket
The Taiyuan Metro is divided into different zones, which determine the fare price for your trip. Currently, there are two zones: Zone 1 and Zone 2. Zone 1 covers the central part of the city, while Zone 2 covers the outskirts. The zones are color-coded to make it easy to determine which zone you are in.
How to Determine the Fare for Your Taiyuan Metro Trip
To determine your fare price, you need to know which zones you will be travelling through. The Taiyuan Metro uses a distance-based fare system. The farther you travel, the higher the fare. You can check the fare chart or use the fare calculator available at the station to determine your fare price. The fare chart is based on the distance traveled and the zone you are in.
Tips for Riding the Taiyuan Metro
Navigating the Taiyuan Metro stations is easy, as there are signs and directions in both Chinese and English. The stations have ticket vending machines, ticket gates, and information kiosks to assist passengers. You can also download the Taiyuan Metro map from their website or use the digital maps available at the station to plan your journey.
What to Expect When Riding the Taiyuan Metro
When riding the Taiyuan Metro, expect a clean, safe, and efficient journey. The trains are modern and air-conditioned, with comfortable seating and ample space for passengers. The trains also have audio and visual announcements in both Chinese and English to keep passengers informed.
Etiquette Tips for Riding the Taiyuan Metro
To ensure a pleasant journey for all, it is important to observe some basic etiquette when riding the Taiyuan Metro. This includes giving up your seat to the elderly, pregnant women, and people with disabilities, keeping the noise level down, and not eating or drinking on the train.
How to Buy Tickets
- There are automatic ticket machines at each station. The machines only accept cash coins but you can always change a note into coins at the station. You may also purchase a ticket by the counter.
- Please swipe your card or token before taking a ride. To ensure everyone enjoys a comfortable and safe ride, smoking is entirely forbidden in all stations. No drinks, food or chewing gums are allowed either within the yellow line in front of the ticket gate.
- When you finish the ride, swipe your one-day pass or Easy Card by the gate and the system will automatically deduct some fees from the card. If you use a token, the machine will take the token away.
When will the Taiyuan Metro System be completed?
The first two lines of the Taiyuan Metro System are expected to be completed in 2023. However, there is currently no exact timeline for the completion of the entire metro system.
What are the advantages of the Taiyuan Metro System?
The Taiyuan Metro System offers numerous advantages over other modes of transportation in the city. These include faster travel times, reduced traffic congestion, lower carbon emissions, and improved overall transportation efficiency.
How much will it cost to ride the Taiyuan Metro System?
The exact fare structure for the Taiyuan Metro System has not yet been announced. However, it is expected to be affordable and competitive with other modes of public transportation in the city.
What are the future expansion plans for the Taiyuan Metro System?
The Taiyuan Metro System is expected to undergo significant expansion in the coming years, with several more lines and stations planned for construction. The exact timeline and scope of these expansion plans are yet to be finalized, but they are expected to significantly enhance the city’s public transportation infrastructure.