Eravikulam National Park Munnar Tickets 2023
Eravikulam National Park, located in Munnar, Kerala, India, is a breathtakingly beautiful destination known for its rich biodiversity and the endangered Nilgiri Tahr, a mountain goat species. The park offers visitors a chance to immerse themselves in the lush greenery, rolling hills, and captivating wildlife. Tourists can explore well-maintained trekking trails that lead to stunning viewpoints, allowing them to witness the park’s natural splendor and scenic landscapes. To ensure a smooth visit, it is advisable for travelers to check the latest ticket prices and entry guidelines from official sources before planning their trip to this enchanting national park in 2023.
|Venue||Munnar, Kannan Devan Hills, Kerala 685612|
|Timing (All Day)||8am to 4pm|
Ticket price for Eravikulam National Park at Munnar starts from Rs. 95 onwards, Book tickets on official website. Check more information.
- 125 per person for Indians
- 95 per person for Indian Children
- 420 per person for Foreign Tourists
- 335 for Video Camera
- 45 for Still Camera
- 50 Reservation fee
Book tickets on official website.
How to book tickets online
To book tickets for Eravikulam National Park in Munnar, you can follow these general steps:
- Check Official Website: Visit the official website of Eravikulam National Park or the website of the Kerala Forest Department to find information about ticket booking and availability. Make sure to check for any updates or changes in the booking process.
- Select Date and Time: Choose the date and time you wish to visit the park. Some parks may have specific time slots for entry to manage visitor flow and reduce overcrowding.
- Provide Visitor Details: Enter the required details of all visitors, such as name, age, and any identification details as requested during the booking process.
- Choose Ticket Type: Select the type of ticket you need, such as adult, child, or foreign tourist tickets, depending on your eligibility.
- Payment: Proceed to the payment gateway and make the payment for the tickets. Online payment methods like credit/debit cards, net banking, or digital wallets are usually available.
- Receive Confirmation: After successful payment, you will receive a confirmation email or a digital ticket with a unique booking reference number.
- Print or Save the Ticket: If you receive a digital ticket, ensure you have it saved on your smartphone or printed out to present at the park’s entrance for verification.
- Check Entry Requirements: Before your visit, verify if there are any specific entry requirements, such as COVID-19 guidelines or any other special instructions issued by the park authorities.
- Arrive on Time: On the day of your visit, reach the park entrance on time, and present your booking confirmation at the ticket counter to gain entry.
The Significance of Eravikulam National Park
Here are some key aspects of its significance:
- Biodiversity Conservation: The park is home to a diverse range of flora and fauna, including the endangered Nilgiri Tahr, which is a species of mountain goat found exclusively in the Western Ghats of India. Eravikulam provides a protected habitat for this unique species, ensuring its survival and contributing to overall biodiversity conservation in the region.
- Unique Ecosystem: The park’s ecosystem, characterized by rolling hills, grasslands, and shola forests, is distinct and supports numerous endemic plant and animal species. It is an essential part of the Western Ghats, a UNESCO World Heritage Site known for its high biological diversity and ecological significance.
- Water Conservation: Eravikulam National Park plays a crucial role in maintaining the region’s water sources. The park’s forests and grasslands act as a natural reservoir, regulating water flow and reducing the risk of floods and soil erosion in downstream areas.
- Tourist Attraction: As one of the most popular tourist destinations in Munnar, the park attracts visitors from all over the world. Its scenic landscapes, panoramic views, and diverse wildlife make it an appealing place for nature enthusiasts, hikers, and photographers.
- Research and Education: The park serves as an important site for scientific research and education in the field of ecology and biodiversity. It offers opportunities for researchers to study unique species and their behavior, contributing to a better understanding of natural ecosystems.
- Cultural and Spiritual Value: The Western Ghats, including Eravikulam National Park, has cultural and spiritual significance for local communities. The park’s lush greenery and pristine landscapes are often associated with traditional beliefs and practices.
- Ecotourism and Local Economy: The park’s popularity among tourists boosts ecotourism in the region. This, in turn, creates employment opportunities for local communities and generates revenue, contributing to the economic development of the area.
Exciting Fauna at Eravikulam National Park
Some of the notable fauna found in the park are:
- Nilgiri Tahr (Nilgiritragus hylocrius): One of the major highlights of Eravikulam National Park is the Nilgiri Tahr, an endangered mountain goat species that is endemic to the Western Ghats. The park is home to a significant population of these majestic creatures, and visitors often have the thrilling experience of spotting them on the hillsides and grasslands.
- Gaur (Indian Bison): The park is inhabited by the Gaur, also known as the Indian Bison, which is the largest species of wild cattle found in India. These massive animals roam the grassy slopes and add to the park’s charismatic fauna.
- Indian Muntjac (Barking Deer): The Indian Muntjac, a small deer species known for its distinctive bark-like call, can also be spotted in the park. These shy and elusive creatures often move through the forested areas.
- Leopard: Though sightings are rare due to their elusive nature, Eravikulam National Park is home to leopards. These magnificent big cats roam the forested regions of the park, making it an exciting prospect for wildlife enthusiasts.
- Indian Porcupine: The Indian Porcupine is another intriguing mammal that can be found within the park’s boundaries. These nocturnal creatures are known for their quills and are fascinating to observe.
- Sambar Deer: One of the largest deer species in the world, the Sambar Deer, is commonly found in the park. Their frequent presence makes them relatively easier to spot during a visit.
- Wild Boar: The Wild Boar is a common sight in the park’s grasslands and forested areas. Their rooting and foraging behavior can be witnessed during early mornings or late evenings.
- Birdlife: Eravikulam National Park is also a paradise for birdwatchers, with over 130 species of birds recorded. Some of the prominent avian residents include the Nilgiri Pipit, Black-and-orange Flycatcher, Nilgiri Wood Pigeon, and Indian Swiftlet.
Remember that wildlife sightings are subject to luck and timing, so it’s essential to maintain a respectful distance from the animals and follow the park’s rules and guidelines to ensure their protection and preservation.
How to Reach
By Air: The nearest international airports are located in Trivandrum and Coimbatore at a distance of 148 km and 175 km respectively from the Rajamalai National Park.
By Train: The nearest railway station is Aluva which is 120 km away from Munnar.
By Road: Eravikulam National Park is 15 km away from Munnar and is easily accessible by road. Cab and Government and private buses are available to reach the national park in Munnar.
1. What are the ticket prices for Eravikulam National Park in 2023?
- The eravikulam national park munnar tickets prices may vary depending on the visitor’s age, nationality (Indian or foreigner), and other factors. Check the official website or relevant government websites for the most up-to-date ticket prices.
2. Can I book Eravikulam National Park tickets online?
- Yes, eravikulam national park munnar tickets usually offers online ticket booking facilities. Check the official website or authorized booking portals for the availability of online ticketing options.
3. What are the entry timings for the park?
- Eravikulam National Park typically operates during specific hours, and visitors may need to book a specific time slot for entry. Check the official website for the park’s opening and closing hours and any time slot restrictions.